This recipe is perfect to get rid of your leftovers, you can use whatever toppings you like. This recipe includes garden peas and lap cheong (Chinese dried sausage).
Preparations: 10-20 minutes
Number of servings: 4
- Approx. 300g cooked jasmine rice (cooled off)
- 2 Chinese lap cheong (dried sausages)
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 50g garden peas
- 1 spring onion
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Pepper and salt
How to make it:
- Slice the onion into small strips, slice the spring onion into thin rings and slice the sausages into bite size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok pan on medium heat. Scramble the eggs, together with some salt. Put the egg in the pan and turn the pan around, so the egg becomes a thin omelet. Bake the egg on both side until it’s light brown. Take the omelet out of the pan and let it cool off. Roll it up and slice it into strips.
- Heat oil in the wok and stir-fry the onions on medium heat until they are light brown. Then add the sliced Chinese sausage and stir-fry it for 1 minute. Then add the rice, garden peas, onion rings and omelet.
- Season it with soy sauce and stir-fry it for 4-5 minutes, until the rice is fried well.
Have meat or vegetables left from last night? Slice them into small strips. Cook some rice in the morning. Stir-fry the meat, vegetables and cooled rice in the evening.