Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 300g rib eye steak, sliced
- 500g cooked brown rice
- 60g shredded carrots
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 15g ginger, finely diced
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 eggs, fried
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
Combine the sauce mix to create a marinade for the beef. Add the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a hot pan over medium-high heat. Add marinated beef into the pan and stir-fry for about 6 minutes until it is cooked-through. Transfer from the pan to a bowl.
With the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and ginger and stir fry them for 2-3 minutes until the onions are softened.
Add the cooked beef back in and give it a quick stir until it is reheated and mixed well.
Cook the brown rice as per pack instructions. Divide the rice into two bowls then add the beef, cucumber and carrots and top with a pan-fried egg. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- Give the beef a good rub. Wear a glove and mix in a circular motion to massage in the marinade and tenderise the beef
- You can add a sauce such as Lee Kum Kee’s Sweet Hoisin Sauce to taste.