Preparation time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 12
For the cupcakes
- 1 ½ cup cake flour
- 1 Tbsp pure matcha powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk (room temperature)
- ¾ cup crystal sugar
- ½ tsp salt
Matcha cream cheese cream
- 125g butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 300g monchou (room temperature)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp pure matcha powder
- Paper cupcakes
How to make matcha cupcake
1. Use a cupcake baking mold and put the paper paper cupcakes inside. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Sieve the cake flour and the matcha powder in a bowl. Then add the baking powder, the sugar and the salt. Stir it with a spatula to mix the ingredients. Then add the oil, the eggs and the milk. Mix everything well in a mixer on medium speed untill it is a smooth batter.
3. Divide the batter in the baking cups. Use a tablespoon and scoop a little bit of batter and use a second spoon to put it in the cups. Fill the cupcakes for two-thirds.
4. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes.
5. Let the cupcakes cool down. Once the cupcakes are cooled down, you can add a little bit of cream to it.
How to make matcha cream cheese
6. Sieve the powdered sugar and the matcha powder in a bowl. Put it aside.
7. Cut the butter in small cubes and put this in the bowl. Mix the butter for 3 minutes on medium speed untill it is smooth. Add in three steps the powdered sugar. After the each addition you can mix the powdered sugar and butter on medium speed for 5 seconds.
8. Put the mixer on the highest speed and mix it for well for 10 seconds. Repeat these steps for the remaining for the powdered sugar. Then add the vanilla extract and mix it again.
9. Cut the monchou in small cubes and add the frosting in three steps, mix everything well untill it becomes a smooth cream. To soften your cream you can add a tablespoon of milk.