*This amount includes VAT but excludes shipping costs.
Free shipping on orders over €39,- in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany!
You will never solve these lantern riddles…
It’s a Chinese New Year’s tradition to hang a riddle on your own lantern. The one who knows the correct answer, will receive a small gift from you. Need some inspiration? Check out our example riddles!
- They look like twins, both tall and sturdy. They work together and go everywhere together. But they only go near solid food and do not care for soup. Who are they?
- What belongs to you, but gets used all the time by others?
- What gets wetter the more it dries?
- This maiden works each day spinning and weaving for others. She eats no meat but eats leaves. Who is she?
- He devotes his whole life to looking after the house. His comrade always follows when the master goes out. A gentleman sees him and goes away. A villain sees him and it spells bad luck. Who is he?
- This follows you around all day every day, but disappears when the sun goes down. What is it?
- What goes up every year, but never comes back down?
- What is full of holes but still holds water?
- A pair of chopsticks
- Your name
- A towel
- A silkworm
- A lock. When a gentleman sees it, he knows the master is away and he will leave and come back later. When a villain sees it, he will pry it open and break into the house.
- Your shadow
- Your age
- A sponge
Get your Chinese lanterns now for some fun with riddles! It’s great for birthdays of theme parties!