Preparation time: 20 minutes
The well-known Spanish rice dish seasoned with spicy tomato sauce.
- 1 tsp Mama Sita’s Achuete Powder
- 50g Mama Sita’s Caldereta Mix
- 350g long-grain rice
- 250g glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 100g chorizo (paprika sausage)
- 90g tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 230g shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 crabs, cut into two
- 250g mussels, cleaned
- 200g squid, cut into rings
- 15 ml fish sauce (patis)
- 125g frozen green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 60g onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 boiled egg, sliced into rounds
In a medium bowl, mix the glutinous rice and long-grain rice. Rinse and set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large pan. Sauté the garlic, onion, tomatoes and paprika sausage for 2 minutes. Add the shrimps, crabs, mussels and squid, and stir-fry. When the seafood changes in color, add the rice and mix well. Increase the heat and stir in the water, caldereta mix, achuete powder and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
Lower the heat, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes. Add the peas and bell peppers. Cover and cook until the rice is done. To prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan, stir once in a while and add more water if necessary.
Garnish with boiled egg.